Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ideas

I went for lunchtime shopping at the garden center. I wanted to buy something that is in bloom now. But there was hardly anything there, and what was in bloom was obviously 'pulled into bloom' in a green house. Not reliable for my garden!!

The yellow flowering bush that I saw in our street is apparently a Hamamelus Molus ('Toverhazelaar' in dutch). Not that they had it, of course....

The magazines had some nice pictures: Japanese gras that turns red in fall., 'bloedgras' or Imperata Cylindrica 'Red Baron'. They showed it with a Canadian Maple and that went nice.

I now also have the name for the abundant flowers near the pond and the house. Persicaria. How about the outdoor living space.... ;) If only we had a space like that, walled in and with a roof. Where could we create a spot like that??

Further I bought an Anemone, because it flowered and looked like a small plant. And further some cheaper plants, I thought. And a water can for me (large) and for Ces (small)!! That will be cute this Summer, to water the garden with her. At the moment she enjoys watering the plants in the house with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment